The One About SAT Stress
Taking the SAT is a source of anxiety for many high school students. A LOT is riding on ONE TEST! I am here to let you in on a little secret…you’ve got this!
Here’s why you should not get so stressed about this test:
1. YOU CAN TAKE THE SAT MORE THAN ONCE.
That’s right. You can take the SAT multiple times and send in your top scores. Some colleges will Superscore your SAT score, meaning they will take your highest score from each section across all of your SAT dates. For those of you in public high schools in Texas, you have been taking standardized tests your entire school career. As I said, you’ve got this!
2. SAT SCORES ARE ONLY ONE ASPECT OF YOUR APPLICATION.
Are your scores important? Sure. Can they result in more scholarship money? Absolutely. However, if you are not a good test taker, then you have a chance to hustle in other areas of your application. Strive for the highest GPA and class rank as you can. Fill your resume with quality leadership, academic, and service projects. If your scores are not a reflection of who you are as a student, many colleges are opting for a test-optional application process.
3. SAT SCORES CAN BE IMPROVED.
There are ways to improve your SAT scores through practice and strategies. CLASS 101 has over 20 years of experience prepping students to take the SAT. CLASS 101 uses the 4 T’s when it comes to Test Prep:
- Tips – CLASS 101 has gathered useful and straightforward tips over the years. During class, we practice using these tips and then reinforce them through homework drills.
- Trends – CLASS 101 helps each student identify his or her trends. These are individualized opportunities for improvement. Focusing on these weaknesses can drastically improve a score. We work smarter, not harder.
- Timing – There is a difference between finishing the test (frantically bubbling in at the end) and completing the test. CLASS 101 works to improve timing to help students complete the test.
- Technology – CLASS 101 invested in a test prep platform. Beyond the in-class instruction, students have an opportunity to log in at home for extra lessons, quizzes, and watch video solutions for questions missed.
Contact CLASS 101 Cypress to learn more at email@example.com.
It is not easy. It is worth it. Remember to find joy in the journey.