Without a set schedule, a leisurely summer morning can easily drift into a lazy day. Here are some ways you can help your child to stay motivated:
- Set an alarm. Catching some extra Z’s over summer break is okay, but snoozing too long is a surefire way to slide into the summer slump.
- Set goals. Start by helping your child figure out what they want to accomplish over the summer. Then, break down the steps they need to take in order to achieve their personal priorities.
- Write a to-do list every morning. Help your child establish a routine by encouraging them to write down a daily to-do list when they wake up.
- Stay active. Ask your child to join you for a bike ride, go for a swim, or run a 5k. Getting fresh air and exercise will help set the tone for the rest of the day.
- Play ACT Bingo. Challenge your child to a game of ACT Bingo! Bingo squares include ideas that will spark productivity and help your child brainstorm ways to plan ahead.