There’s no denying it: Junior year is the most critical time for college planning. It’s when high schoolers start to focus on their future and make decisions that really count. And with most students just 10 months away from applying to college, it’s clear that the eleventh grade is crunch time.
The good news? Class 101’s Super Junior program helps students get ahead of the curve before application season even begins.
Here’s everything you need to know about becoming a Super Junior, and why it’s one of the best ways to bring your student up to speed.
1. What is a Super Junior? An eleventh grader who wants to get a head start on college planning. By completing our fast-track Super Junior program, students start the planning process when it matters the most: during the application pre-season. That way, when application season rolls around on August 1st of their senior year, they are well ahead of their peers.
2. Why is this program needed? Junior year is the most crucial time for students to take ownership of their grades, sharpen important skills, and begin the college admissions process. All of this is time consuming and overwhelming, from prepping for standardized tests to finalizing resumes. The Super Junior program alleviates the stress of college planning by helping students achieve their goals before senior year.
3. How does it work? All Super Juniors will complete a “Super Junior Checklist” specifically designed to help them put their best foot forward. Here’s a look at the 7 things they will accomplish in 90 days:
- Create a top ten list of colleges and universities
- Complete three college visits (either virtual or in-person)
- Take DISC assessment & review report
- Establish baseline ACT/SAT score
- Document top ten trends from baseline score
- Create a resume with all activities listed
- Have a parent meeting to review all items on your checklist
4. What’s in it for them?
All students who complete the program will earn an official Super Junior certificate. This recognition is just one more way to help your student stand out on their resume and college applications.
5. When does it start? The Class 101 Super Junior program kicks off November 2nd and runs for 90 days. It wraps up with a party on Super Bowl Sunday, February 7, 2021.